The Decision Group nodigt u uit voor het event Innovation for Health op donderdag 5 februari 2015 in de Amsterdam RAI. Op dit event presenteert The Decision Group de zesde editie van de Dutch Life Sciences Outlook en de tweede editie van de Health Outlook. Beide Outlooks zijn jaarlijkse rapporten over het monitoren en verbeteren van respectievelijk het Nederlandse Life Sciences en Health Cluster.
De presentatie behandelt een drietal thema’s:
- de prestatie van het Dutch Life Sciences Cluster in verhouding tot de internationale context;
- de prestatie van STZ-ziekenhuizen op het gebied van toegepast onderzoek en innovatie;
- de dialoog die beschrijft op welke manier beide expertises elkaar kunnen versterken met als hoofddoel het creëren van waarde voor de patiënt.
Schrijf u voor 28 januari in voor het event Innovation for Health als relatie van The Decision Group! U bent dan verzekerd van deelname en ontvangt tevens een korting van €50,- op de toegangsprijs. U dient hiervoor de vouchercode TDG05022015 in te vullen bij registratie. Bezoek ook de website www.innovationforhealth.eu voor het volledige programma van het event Innovation for Health.
Voor vragen of voor nadere informatie kunt u contact opnemen met:
Kim Brüheim, per e-mail: email@example.com of telefonisch via: 020-4040111.
Wij hopen u te begroeten op 5 februari 2015.Continue reading
Prosensa is a succesful biotech company in the Dutch Life Sciences Cluster. In January 2012 it closed the Series C round and raised another $30 million, by a large international investor. Prosensa has grown from a small startup to a renowned Dutch biotech company in the development of a treatment from “bench to bed” for orphan diseases.
Partner The Decision Institute has written a Harvard Style Business Case about the company and its search for a treatment for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, a rare genetic disorder. The objective is to demonstrate the best practices of the Dutch biotech cluster. What can we learn from Prosensa and the biotech cluster? What are their strategies to bind large investors? Thanks to Leiden University, LSH, LUMC, NGI, PGGM, Prosensa, The Decision Institute and expecially all interviewees and editors who made it possible to develop the The Prosensa Case; Pioneering & Partnering. The case and the experiences of The Decision Group can help you to bind international partnerships for your strategic next steps.
Biotech and The Decision Group.
Since 1998, extensive expertise is built in biotech and life sciences. Out portfolio contains a wide range of projects for big pharma, medical device companies and biotech companies. Scenario analysis and strategic reviews as well as helping to create patient centered relations with customers and realizing growthpotential in the cost-cutting market..
Furthermore, The Decision Group monitors clusters success in Life Sciences & Health. The Dutch Life Sciences & Health Outlook measures performance and progress of the industry and benchmarks with succesful clusters worldwide. The aim of the Outlook 2013 is also to address the convergence to healthcare. Innovation from Bench to Bed.
- Learn more on scenario planning and cluster monitoring by visiting the website advanced strategic tools.
- Request your copy of the Dutch Life Sciences Outlook here.
- Send an e-mail to Kim Bruheim to learn more on the possibilities with the new case.
- See also:
Executive programs:Continue reading
– Strategy & Governance Excellence Series
At the successful event on The Value of Diagnostics of June 5th 2012, The Decision Group Framework was launched. This decision framework for diagnostics will help organizations to asses the value of diagnostics. The framework and methodology received very positive replies from the audience:
- The event was very usefull and inspiring. It gave me a new vision on how to interpret costs and value. – Medical specialist
- The Decision Framework is innovative and can result in product improvement. The Value of Diagnostics is the ‘new thinking’ – Director of Life Sciences company
- The Decision Group succeeded to open a new discussion on diagnostics, via a differen point of view and a practical approach’ – Head Clinical Chemistry
A large variety of stakeholder groups were present at the event. A sample of the companies and organisations represented:
Borstkankervereniging Nederland IKNL Check-Points B.V. Isala Klinieken Citeq Health Products Ned. Ver. voor Radiologie De Friesland Zorgverzekeraar Nucletron Diaconessenhuis Meppel NVOG Distrilab BV Philips Healthcare Benelux E-nose Radboud University Nijmege MC Erasmus MC Roche Diagnostics Nederland Flevoziekenhuis Saltro Forbion Capital Partners Saxenburgh groep GE Healthcare St Lucas Andreas Ziekenhuis Glaxo Smith Kline Virtual Proteins BV Haga Teaching Hospital Vu University Medical Center Hycult Biotech
During the discussion it became clear that this new approach brings high added value for the different stakeholders. Actions to learn more:
- Download the stakeholderflyers to learn more about the implications, the project possibilities and the Decision Group Framework.
(Stakeholder Flyer Care&Cure, Stakeholder Flyer Industry&Investors, Stakeholder Flyer Goverment, Insurers and Patients).
- Visit our new website on a regular basis for more in depth information, the presentations, and news and updates.
- Contact Kim Bruheim, Msc. (firstname.lastname@example.org) for questions or suggestions.
Executive Education Programs Healthcare by affiliate The Decision Institute:Continue reading
– Clinical Management Workshop Series
– Masterclasses Value Based Health Care
– Strategy & Goverancence Excellence Series
– Masterclass Healthcare ‘New&Improved’
- Diagnostics influences as much as 60-70% of healthcare decision making
- Expenditure on diagnostics is even less than 6% of the total health expenditure
Diagnostics does not receive the attention it deserves. It is the missing link for a sustainable healthcare system, providing immediate opportunities to reduce costs and to deliver higher quality of care.
The Value of Diagnostics – The Study
The Decision Group and Isala Klinieken proudly present the results of the study “the Value of Diagnostics”. This study resulted in the first decision framework for diagnostics. It will help you and your organization to assess the value of different types of diagnostics and provides a much more efficient mechanism to take reimbursement, investment and portfolio decisions.
On Tuesday June 5th, the latest insights will be shared on our study results, the new framework and the method. The event will take place on 14.00u-18.00u in Hotel Wientjes, Stationsweg 7, Zwolle.
To register for participation, please fill out the online application form or contact Kim Bruheim (email@example.com). For more information on the Value of Diagnostics visit our special website and download the Executive Summary.
– The Decision Group Healthcare ConsultingContinue reading
– Academic Connections
– Executive Education Programs Healthcare by affiliate The Decision Institute:
– Clinical Management Workshop Series
– Masterclass Healthcare ‘New&Improved’
Following the positive response on the Dutch Life Sciences Outook 2012, The Decision Group just started the development of the Outlook 2013. The database is updated again, startup companies are added and new developments are analyzed. The Academic Council will meet as well for thorough academic grounding of our theoretic models and validation of our methodologies. We expect that the new outlook will be launched in Januari, 2013.
Healthcare Section in Outlook 2013
The aim of the new outlook 2013 is to address the convergence of innovation in healthcare. At this stage, The Decision Group is exploring options and opportunities for including a healthcare section in the outlook. A partner has already been selected.
For questions, suggestion or more information about the Outlook 2013, please contact Niels van Gorp, ir.
The Dutch Life Sciences Outlook of 2012 can be downloaded from our dedicated website www.lifesciencesoutlook.com.
See alsoContinue reading
Most attention was paid to the survey-based forecasts that start-up and smaller companies in the biotechnology will get under high pressure if they don’t get access to private and public investments. Contrary to the focus chosen by Dutch newspapers, the key conclusions from the Outlook 2012 according to The Decision Group are:
- Growth and outperformance: The Dutch lsh cluster shows growth in size and products and ouperforms the Dutch economy on growth in number of companies and employment.
- Positive Expectations: Entrepreneurs have positive expectations of the future despite disappearence of large companies.
- Partnering: Facilitating (international) partnerships remains very important or future growth of the companies in the Dutch lsh cluster.
Het Financieel Dagblad, the newspaper with an economic and financial focus, spent two articles on the Dutch Life Science Outlook 2012:
– Geldstroom ‘life sciences’ dreigt op te drogen – FD of Thursday 19 January 2012, page 14
– Subsidie schraagt groei life sciences – FD of Monday 23 January 2012
Furthermore, a special news item about the changes in the Life Sciences Sector based on the Outlook, was broadcast by RTL Z, the financial news channel.
Life Sciences and The Decision Group
The Decision Group has extensive expertise on Life Sciences. Our client list includes many companies in big pharma as well as in medical devices and biotech. This expertise is underlined by the yearly published Dutch Life Sciences Outlook.
More information about The Decision Group’s work on Life Sciences can be found on our special website.Continue reading
The Dutch Life Sciences Outlook 2012 can be downloaded from our dedicated website www.lifesciencesoutlook.com.
Official press release of Outlook 2012 by Life Science & Health: Stijging aantal bedrijven en werkgelegenheid biotech sector
On Wednesday January 18th, Prof. dr. F. van Eenennaam, partner of The Decision Group, presented the Dutch Life Sciences Outlook for a group of 60 key stakeholders in Life Sciences. The Outlook yearly monitors Dutch Life Sciences & Health Cluster success and measures performance and progress of the sector. This yearly systematic Outlook is created in close collaboration between The Decision Group and Life Sciences Health.
Clusters & Competitiveness
Prior to presenting the Outlook, Prof dr. F. van Eenennaam gave a Masterclass on Cluster Development, where theory and practicalities of clusters were discussed, as well as implications for Dutch policy makers. The Decision Group has extensive expertise on Clusters & Competitiveness. See also our Clusters & Competitiveness website
The Dutch Life Sciences Outlook 2012 can be downloaded from our dedicated website www.lifesciencesoutlook.com.Continue reading
Plans for the Dutch topsectors LSH sector presented to Minister Verhagen
The 9 topsectors the Dutch government has assigned presented their individual sectorplans to the minister of Economic Affairs on friday June 17th. Life Sciences and Health is one of the 9 topsectors that presented their ambition and action agenda for the next 10-15 years. To measure progress on the action agenda, the methodology developed by The Decision Group together with Life Science & Health innovationprogramme is mentioned.
The methodology that was developed by The Decision Group to monitor the performance and progress in the Dutch Life Sciences & Health (LSH) sector has been acknowledged by the topsector. Our data on the core of innovative companies in the Dutch cluster was used to indicate the size and output of the cluster. And moreover, the way we measure the size, in- and output of the Dutch LSH cluster is seen as a proven methodology to monitor progress of the cluster’s ambition and agenda and provides a baseline for measuring progress in the next years.
To request a copy of the Dutch Life Sciences Outlook 2011, click here.
To read more on the Dutch Life Sciences Outlook, see here.
Click the picture to enlarge.Continue reading